Why Wouldn’t We Pray?
Psalm 116:2 has become the theme to my Threadbare Prayer Journey.
“Because he bends down to listen,
I will pray as long as I have breath!” Psalm 116:2
I can’t help but smile when I think about it. I found it about 13 years ago when my good friend Lori told me about it. I have shared it with so many others along the way. Of course it made its way into the book. You can find it on page 26-27. As we look at 2022 and the year ahead why wouldn’t we pray for the first 100 days? Some of us did it last year and from what I heard, it was a sweet blessing to so many.
Let’s do it again.
After all, He is bending down to listen.
Here are the Details:
- Get a copy of the book. You can find it here.
- Start praying on January 1, 2022 the first Threadbare Prayer based on 23:1.
- Sign up for emails to encourage you. Click here.
- Pray 1 prayer each day from Threadbare Prayer.
- Finish on Palm Sunday.
- Check in on Facebook or Instagram throughout the 100 days!
- Listen to Season 2 of the Podcast! Click here.
Maybe you started praying through the book in 2021 and ended up quitting. Maybe you are weary beyond explanation and you aren’t sure your heart is ready to start over. I get it. I have felt the same way recently. I don’t have much endurance left. But, at the same time I wonder what might change and shift in my heart if I grab on one more time to the hem of his garment and pour out my heart in prayer.
Only heaven knows.
Let’s give him a chance to show us as well.